random thoughts during my TVD season 1 rewatch
« previous entry | next entry »
Jan. 11th, 2013 | 04:43 pm
- I do not get the triangle. At this point it's very obvious that Elena is just Damon's rebound after he finds out Katherine doesn't give a shit. How did people ship it? Of course I don't understand how people ship it now either...
- Matt/cars has been a thing since the beginning and since Matt/Rebekah is constantly paired with cars, this makes me happy.
- TVD is a lot like HP in that everything would be a lot easier if someone would just tell Elena that she
has a piece of a psychopath's soul in her headis the key to breaking an ancient curse and so a lot of very powerful vampires want to kill her. (I wonder if Pearl knew...) Still, I do love that rewatching it I can see how it's all building to the curse later on.
- Grams' death is seriously the most tragic thing to happen all season. If Kat Graham didn't move you to tears I don't understand.
- I think I need to go rewatch that scene in OUAT where Charming punches Whale. It'll make me feel better about Pearl.
- Also Pearl gouging out Damon's eyes will always be one of my favorite scenes ever.
- I know I said Grams' death was the most tragic but I think Pearl's was the most tragic for the show. She's so badass and wonderful and just imagine her and Elijah sipping tea while calmly debating mass murder. We could have had it allllllll...
- Bonnie says Caroline is basically Scarlett O'Hara and Caroline of course doesn't disagree. I think we all know which of the men in Caroline's life is Rhett. This has resulted in me reading every GWTW quote I've seen since with klaroline goggles. Seriously, look at this:
“I hate and despise you, Rhett Butler. I’ll hate and despise you till I die.”
“No you won’t, Scarlett, not that long.”
“This is what you were meant for. None of the fools you’ve ever know have kissed you like this, have they? Your Charles, or your Frank, or your stupid Ashley.”
"There's one thing I do know... and that is that I love you, Scarlett. In spite of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us, I love you. Because we're alike. Bad lots, both of us. Selfish and shrewd. But able to look things in the eyes as we call them by their right names."
"Don't hold me like that!"
"Scarlett! Look at me! I've loved you more than I've ever loved any woman and I've waited for you longer than I've ever waited for any woman."
"If I said I was madly in love with you you'd know I was lying."
I now have this mental image of Klaus and Caroline carrying on this almost-romance for decades before they finally get together and when they do it's volatile and messy and amazing. And then they break up and Caroline basically says, "fuck that! I'm getting him back!" And it'll work out very well if she follows Scarlett's footsteps by returning to her home for strength beforehand since that's Klaus' home too and where do you think he'll have gone to recover from the break-up? And yes, I've thought about this a little too much.
If you think this post was one big excuse to quote GWTW in the context of klaroline, you wouldn't be wrong.